CPI(M) must apologise for attack on Mamata, reiterates West Bengal Governor
Kolkata: With the CPI(M) having claimed that he was unaware of the functioning of the politburo, West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan on Thursday said that he had been a student of Communism for over six decades and was well aware of it.
"The governor has been a student of Communism for over six decades and has read and digested the works of Marx, Engels and Mao and has spoken extensively at national and international conferences on the subject of Communism," a press statement issued by Raj Bhavan said.
"He is therefore, well aware of the role and functions of the politburo and central committee of the CPI(M)," it said.
"One of the basic axioms of communist ideology was the principle of democratic centralism and it was in this context he has made a suggestion that an apology by the CPIM politburo was warranted for the action of some of the lower functionaries of the party," the statement said.
Yesterday, CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose reacting to Narayanan calling for an apology by the politburo for the attack by the SFI on Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Finance minister Amit Mitra in Delhi, had said that though he was a seasoned IPS officer he was unaware of the functioning of the politburo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune