CPI(M) must apologise for attack on Mamata, reiterates West Bengal Governor
Kolkata: With the CPI(M) having claimed that he was unaware of the functioning of the politburo, West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan on Thursday said that he had been a student of Communism for over six decades and was well aware of it.
"The governor has been a student of Communism for over six decades and has read and digested the works of Marx, Engels and Mao and has spoken extensively at national and international conferences on the subject of Communism," a press statement issued by Raj Bhavan said.
"He is therefore, well aware of the role and functions of the politburo and central committee of the CPI(M)," it said.
"One of the basic axioms of communist ideology was the principle of democratic centralism and it was in this context he has made a suggestion that an apology by the CPIM politburo was warranted for the action of some of the lower functionaries of the party," the statement said.
Yesterday, CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose reacting to Narayanan calling for an apology by the politburo for the attack by the SFI on Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Finance minister Amit Mitra in Delhi, had said that though he was a seasoned IPS officer he was unaware of the functioning of the politburo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!