CPI(M) panchayat poll candidate beaten up in Midnapore
Midnapore: A CPI(M) candidate for the Panchayat polls, along with his two female family members and a child, was on Monday beaten up in Midnapore district allegedly by Trinamool Congress activists, police said.
Manju Singh was at his home in Salboni area when the attackers beat him up. Two of his female family members and a child who were there during the incident also got injured, police said.
All of them have been taken to a local hospital.
Local CPI(M) leaders have alleged that Trinamool leaders were behind the incident while the latter have dismissed the charges saying it is a result was an internal feud in the opposition party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Uganda switches sides, dumping North Korea for South
- Suicide bombings in Baghdad: Over 20 killed, 50 injured in series of attacks
- Know why PM Narendra Modi is asking for your support for particular task - WATCH
- Nepali Congress halts House over ''budget leak''