CPI(M) panchayat poll candidate beaten up in Midnapore
Midnapore: A CPI(M) candidate for the Panchayat polls, along with his two female family members and a child, was on Monday beaten up in Midnapore district allegedly by Trinamool Congress activists, police said.
Manju Singh was at his home in Salboni area when the attackers beat him up. Two of his female family members and a child who were there during the incident also got injured, police said.
All of them have been taken to a local hospital.
Local CPI(M) leaders have alleged that Trinamool leaders were behind the incident while the latter have dismissed the charges saying it is a result was an internal feud in the opposition party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok