CPI(M) panchayat poll candidate beaten up in Midnapore
Midnapore: A CPI(M) candidate for the Panchayat polls, along with his two female family members and a child, was on Monday beaten up in Midnapore district allegedly by Trinamool Congress activists, police said.
Manju Singh was at his home in Salboni area when the attackers beat him up. Two of his female family members and a child who were there during the incident also got injured, police said.
All of them have been taken to a local hospital.
Local CPI(M) leaders have alleged that Trinamool leaders were behind the incident while the latter have dismissed the charges saying it is a result was an internal feud in the opposition party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Tata Motors profits fall on weak Jaguar Land Rover sales
- Russia to pay bonuses to athletes barred from Rio Olympics 2016
- Scorpene data leak unintentional, navy will address all concerns: Parrikar
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: India Red crush India Green by 219 runs
- UEFA Europa League Draw: Groups, Fixtures, Top clashes – All you need to know!