CPI(M) panchayat poll candidate beaten up in Midnapore
Midnapore: A CPI(M) candidate for the Panchayat polls, along with his two female family members and a child, was on Monday beaten up in Midnapore district allegedly by Trinamool Congress activists, police said.
Manju Singh was at his home in Salboni area when the attackers beat him up. Two of his female family members and a child who were there during the incident also got injured, police said.
All of them have been taken to a local hospital.
Local CPI(M) leaders have alleged that Trinamool leaders were behind the incident while the latter have dismissed the charges saying it is a result was an internal feud in the opposition party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!