CPI(M) sceptical about Mamata`s Modi remark
Kolkata: The CPI(M) today doubted West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s remarks that TMC would not support Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, saying the party had earlier allied with NDA and there was no gurantee that they would not repeat the same.
"If you go by the history, Trinamool Congress had forged alliance with both Congress and BJP. We all know that they have been a part of NDA, for a long time," CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose told reporters here.
"You never know what they will do in future. It is a party which has been with both Congress and BJP to achieve its interests. They have no credibility," Bose said.
The CPI(M) leader`s statement comes in the backdrop of Banerjee`s announcement a few days back where she said that, "We do not support Narendra Modi, nor we will support him (in future)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...