CPI(M) to complain to Human Rights Commission
Burdwan: Senior CPI(M) leader
Suryakanta Mishra on Wednesday said that they would lodge a complain
with the Human Rights Commission against yesterday`s police
lathicharge on demonstrators at Hansdigha in which party MLA
Gouranga Chattopadhay and MP Bansogapal Chowdhury were
Mishra, the Leader of the Opposition in the West Bengal
Assembly condemned yesterday`s police lathicharge at
Hansidigha and said Chattopadhay and Chowdhury were peacefully
leading the demonstrators who were being evicted from their
land for the expansion of the Eastern CoalField Limited (ECL).
"We would lodge a complain with the Human Rights
Commission and would also raise the issue of police
lathicharge on CPI(M) leader at Hansdigha in the state
assembly," he said.
Mishra alongwith party leaders Nirupam Sen, Madan Ghosh,
and Amal Halder visited the area where the CPI(M) has called
for a 24-hour bandh to protest yesterday`s police lathicharge.
The Leader of the Opposition alleged that West Bengal
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has been claiming that there
would no forceful land acquisition in the state without the
consent of the landowners but on the other hand the Burdwan
district administration was forcibly evicting tribal families
from their land for the expansion of the ECL.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!