CPI(M) to complain to Human Rights Commission
Burdwan: Senior CPI(M) leader
Suryakanta Mishra on Wednesday said that they would lodge a complain
with the Human Rights Commission against yesterday`s police
lathicharge on demonstrators at Hansdigha in which party MLA
Gouranga Chattopadhay and MP Bansogapal Chowdhury were
Mishra, the Leader of the Opposition in the West Bengal
Assembly condemned yesterday`s police lathicharge at
Hansidigha and said Chattopadhay and Chowdhury were peacefully
leading the demonstrators who were being evicted from their
land for the expansion of the Eastern CoalField Limited (ECL).
"We would lodge a complain with the Human Rights
Commission and would also raise the issue of police
lathicharge on CPI(M) leader at Hansdigha in the state
assembly," he said.
Mishra alongwith party leaders Nirupam Sen, Madan Ghosh,
and Amal Halder visited the area where the CPI(M) has called
for a 24-hour bandh to protest yesterday`s police lathicharge.
The Leader of the Opposition alleged that West Bengal
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has been claiming that there
would no forceful land acquisition in the state without the
consent of the landowners but on the other hand the Burdwan
district administration was forcibly evicting tribal families
from their land for the expansion of the ECL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test