CPI(M) to organise a counter rally of Trinamool
Kolkata: In order to counter Trinamool Congress` massive show of strength on July 21 rally, the CPI(M) North 24 Parganas district leadership has decided to organise a rally at the same venue within the next few months.
"Every year since 2012 we organise a rally in Kolkata to commemorate the martyrs who have been killed in political violence. In these rallies we try to help the families of martyrs and this year too, we will organise such a rally," CPI(M) state committee member and North 24 Parganas district committee member Nepaldeb Bhattacharya said.
Since 2012, the North 24 Parganas district CPI(M) leadership led by Gautam Deb has been organising a rally in Kolkata just days after Trinamool`s Shahid Diwas rally.
Originally observed as Martyrs` Day in remembrance of 13 Youth Congress activists killed in police firing on July 21, 1993, TMC has now christened it as `Maa Maati Manush Divas`.
This year`s rally was billed as a thanksgiving one for TMC`s success in the general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report