CPI(M) to organise a counter rally of Trinamool
Kolkata: In order to counter Trinamool Congress` massive show of strength on July 21 rally, the CPI(M) North 24 Parganas district leadership has decided to organise a rally at the same venue within the next few months.
"Every year since 2012 we organise a rally in Kolkata to commemorate the martyrs who have been killed in political violence. In these rallies we try to help the families of martyrs and this year too, we will organise such a rally," CPI(M) state committee member and North 24 Parganas district committee member Nepaldeb Bhattacharya said.
Since 2012, the North 24 Parganas district CPI(M) leadership led by Gautam Deb has been organising a rally in Kolkata just days after Trinamool`s Shahid Diwas rally.
Originally observed as Martyrs` Day in remembrance of 13 Youth Congress activists killed in police firing on July 21, 1993, TMC has now christened it as `Maa Maati Manush Divas`.
This year`s rally was billed as a thanksgiving one for TMC`s success in the general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy