CPI(M) would not have existed if TMC had not given call for change
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress on Wednesday blamed the CPI(M) for the violence at Bamunghata in South 24 Parganas district, with a party minister saying that the Marxist party would not have existed had not the TMC given a call for change.
"Had our leader Mamata Banerjee not given a call before the Assembly election in 2011 for change and not revenge, the CPI(M) would not have existed in West Bengal," senior TMC leader and Transport minister Madan Mitra told a rally at the scene of yesterday`s violence.
"Trinamool Congress is against using bombs and guns. If you ask why we do not want it, I will say it is because had we wanted it, the CPI(M) would not existed after five minutes," Mitra said.
"TMC wants peace. This is our last meeting here. If the CPI(M) resorts to violence again, it will have to take the responsibility to maintain peace," he said.
"If the CPI(M) tries to incite riots and people get enraged and come out of their homes with big lathis then what will we do?" he asked.
"Arabul is a vibrant young man. If he gets beaten up by the CPI(M), will the people sit at home and eat rasgollas? We are behind Arabul. If necessary the entire party leadership will be here to stand beside him," he said.
Mitra also criticised a section of the media.
The rally was attended by the TMC top brass, Industry minister Partha Chatterjee, Urban Development minister Firhad Hakim and all India General Secretary Mukul Roy who later went in a procession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon