CPI(M) zonal committee member lynched in West Midnapore
Midnapore(WB): In post-poll violence, a
CPI(M) zonal committee member was lynched and three other
party activists were on Saturday beaten up by villagers in West
Midnapore district, while villagers handed over arms seized
allegedly from them.
CPI(M) Goaltore Zonal Committee member Jiten Nandi was
beaten to death by villagers alleging that he had been
responsible for atrocities carried out on them while three
other party workers were injured at Maita village here,
Superintendent of Police Manoj Verma said.
Altogether 10 persons were arrested, he said, adding
that villagers handed over 20 firearms to them.
Unofficial sources said that villagers were carrying
out an operation to seize arms from CPI(M) cadres at Goaltore,
Chandrakona, Keshpur and Daton police station areas for
handing over to the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video