CPM accuses WB minister of violating model code
Kolkata: The CPI(M) has complained to the
Election Commission that West Bengal Education Minister Bratya
Basu had violated the Model Code of Conduct by giving "some
assurances" to teachers at a college in the Kolkata South Lok
Sabha constituency which goes to poll on November 30.
"The Hon`ble Minister while addressing a meeting inside
Heramba Chandra College has given some assurances to influence
the electorate of Kolkata Dakshin Parliamentary by-election
which is scheduled on 30th November," the party stated in a
letter yesterday to state Chief Electoral Officer Sunil Gupta.
A CD of the Minister`s speech was also attached with the
letter, party sources said.
While reminding that three earlier complaints of MCC
violation by Trinamool Congress had been submitted to the CEO,
the CPI(M) requested him to take necessary steps on these.
The party also complained in the letter that
`Trinamool Congress-backed anti-socials` were warning CPI(M)
supporters not to work as polling agents in 23 booths under
the Kolkata South constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli