‘CPM cadre used police bullets in Lalgarh firing’
Burdwan (WB): Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee on Monday claimed the bullets used by suspected CPI-M cadre in the January 7 Lalgarh firing incident, which left seven villagers dead, were same as those used by police.
"The police are supplying bullets to CPI-M cadre. The bullets used by the cadre to kill innocent people in Netai village are same as the bullets used by police," Banerjee told a public meeting at Nawabnagar area of Bhattar in Burdwan district over phone from Kolkata.
She was to attend the meeting but could not do so.
Banerjee alleged that the Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee government in West Bengal was using central funds to purchase arms and ammunition for its cadre for unleashing violence in the state.
Total lawlessness prevailed in the state and every day somebody was being killed by CPI-M cadre, Banerjee said.
Trinamool Congress leader and Union minister Saugata Roy claimed that Chief Minister Bhattacharjee was deliberately avoiding going to Delhi after the firing though asked by Union Home Minister P Chidambaram to do so immediately.
Bhattacharjee should not forget that the Centre could impose President`s rule under Article 356 in the state, Roy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read