CPM leaders killing: CID gets custody of 4 accused
Burdwan (WB): A local court on Monday allowed CID
to take custody of the four accused in the killing of two
CPI(M) leaders and directed it to produce them on March 7.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Subhra Kanti Dhar granted the
prayer of CID to take custody of the accused and ordered it to
produce them two days later.
CID has taken the case of the killing of former CPI(M)
MLA Pradip Tah and senior leader Kamal Gayen at Dewandihi on
February 22 at the direction of the Calcutta High Court.
The High Court had directed the agency to investigate the
incident after hearing three PILs seeking CBI enquiry into the
killings on March 2.
The four accused were earlier arrested by the local
Yesterday, Durgadas Bhattacharya, sub-inspector of Burdwan
police station, was suspended for allegedly not submitting the
post-mortem reports of the slain leaders, to his officer in
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!