CPM leaders killing: CID gets custody of 4 accused
Burdwan (WB): A local court on Monday allowed CID
to take custody of the four accused in the killing of two
CPI(M) leaders and directed it to produce them on March 7.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Subhra Kanti Dhar granted the
prayer of CID to take custody of the accused and ordered it to
produce them two days later.
CID has taken the case of the killing of former CPI(M)
MLA Pradip Tah and senior leader Kamal Gayen at Dewandihi on
February 22 at the direction of the Calcutta High Court.
The High Court had directed the agency to investigate the
incident after hearing three PILs seeking CBI enquiry into the
killings on March 2.
The four accused were earlier arrested by the local
Yesterday, Durgadas Bhattacharya, sub-inspector of Burdwan
police station, was suspended for allegedly not submitting the
post-mortem reports of the slain leaders, to his officer in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere