CPM says TC legitimised Maoists by organising joint rally
Vijayawada: The CPI(M) on Monday charged that
the Trinamool Congress has "legitimised" the outlawed Maoists
by organising a joint rally at Lalgarh in West Bengal and
demanded that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh answer to the
country on the "tie-up".
"The Prime Minister went on record on the floor of
Rajya Sabha that Maoists posed a grave threat to the country`s
internal security. Now, the Trinamool Congress that is part of
the Central government has legitimised the Maoists by openly
patronising them," CPM politburo member Sitaram Yechury said.
Addressing a press conference on the sidelines of the
party`s Extended Central Committee meeting here today, Yechury
said there was a "glaring contradiction" in the TMC-Congress
"It`s like hunting with the hounds and running with
the hares. It is sheer opportunism on part of the Congress,"
he lashed out.
Reacting to TMC chief Mamata Banjerjee`s allegations
about misuse of Central funds by the West Bengal government,
the CPM leader said such allegations could not stand any
On Mamata`s outbursts as well as social activist Swami
Agnivesh`s comments at the Lalgarh rally against the CPM, he
said: "It`s a democratic country and everyone can give their
To the Union Railway Minister`s claim that they could
venture into Lalgarh without carrying guns, Yechury shot back:
"When the Maoists themselves are organizing the rally, where
the need for guns?`
CPM AP secretariat member Y Venkateswara Rao was also
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'