Crack noticed in track in Kolkata, Metro Rail service affected
Kolkata: Train services in Kolkata Metro were affected on Wednesday night for an hour after a crack was noticed in the railtrack in one station, Metro Rail officials said.
After the crack was noticed at Mahatama Gandhi Road station, no train was allowed to move in between 8.50 PM to 9.50 PM.
During this period, trains plied from terminal stations to the ones flanking Mahatama Gandhi Road station.
Services resumed through the station after the crack was repaired, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Vodafone launches unlimited free voice calling offer for prepaid customers