Crack noticed in track in Kolkata, Metro Rail service affected
Kolkata: Train services in Kolkata Metro were affected on Wednesday night for an hour after a crack was noticed in the railtrack in one station, Metro Rail officials said.
After the crack was noticed at Mahatama Gandhi Road station, no train was allowed to move in between 8.50 PM to 9.50 PM.
During this period, trains plied from terminal stations to the ones flanking Mahatama Gandhi Road station.
Services resumed through the station after the crack was repaired, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery