Crib death toll in Malda hospital mounts to 15
Malda: With two more infants dying in the Malda Medical College and Hospital on Tuesday, the number of crib deats has gone up to 15 in the past four days, hospital officials said.
Hospital superintendent cum Medical College vice-principal MA Rashid told PTI that the infants who succumbed today had similar symptoms of low birth weight and respiratory problems as was the case with others.
While seven infants died on Saturday, five succumbed on Sunday last.
To deal with the situation, more nursing staff have been put on duty in the neonatal, paediatrics and sick new-born critical care unit, Rashid said.
Besides, 14 doctors have been posted in the three wards and would work for extended hours. The hospital has already requested the state government for more doctors.
The government hospital was in the news for the death of 23 infants due to an unspecified illness in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says