Crocodile raids Sunderbans village for food
Canning: An estuarine crocodile has been raiding a village at Pathar Pratima area of Sunderbans in South 24-Parganas district for goats and other livestock, forest department officials said.
The officials said that the crocodile, which strayed into a canal near Mondal Gheri village, has killed three goats in the past one week.
The crocodile came from Thakural river off the village, they said.
The villagers informed the forest department officials to catch the crocodile and help them catch fish in the canal, the officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar