CRPF deployed in Darjeeling Hills
Darjeeling: The CRPF, which has been deployed in the Darjeeling hills to help the district police, on Saturday conducted a road march at Rangbull, Sonada and other places of the town, official sources said.
The state government had requisitioned for the CRPF in the hills after the GJM announced the third phase of Gorkhaland agitation, the sources said.
One battalion of the CRPF has been deployed in Darjeeling Town and another in Kalimpong, the sources said adding the paramilitary force which reached the Darjeeling hills on March 11 started its duty from today.
Meanwhile, the employees of the government offices in the Darjeeling hills today held demonstration and dharna before the government offices as directed by the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM).
The GJM had directed the employees who are working under the government departments or the Gorkhaland Territorial Administration (GTA) departments to conduct dharna as a part of its third phase of Gorkhaland agitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday