CRPF personnel injured in landmine explosion
Midnapore: Ahead of Union Home Minister P Chidambaram`s visit to naxal-hit Lalgarh area of West Midnapore district, Maoists exploded a landmine injuring a CRPF personnel.
The landmine was planted along a roadside in Bamal
area and when the CRPF jawan stepped on it, the explosive went
off, police said.
Security has been beefed up in Lalgarh where
Chidambaram is expected to visit tomorrow, with 1000 CRPF
personnel deployed along with special anti-naxal force.
Twenty mobile camps of CRPF and special action force
personnel are functioning at Lalgarh, Binpur, Salboni and
Goaltore, besides the CRPF intelligence unit from Lalgarh, the
Chidambaram will meet senior officials from the
administration and police to review the joint operations to
flush out Maoists from the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video