Cyclone scare, rains fail to dampen Ashtami spirit in Kolkata
Kolkata: Panic over the approaching Phailin cyclone and rains failed to dampen the spirit of devotees in Kolkata as they braved the wet weather to take part in the Maha Ashtami festivities on Saturday.
Amid drizzle and an overcast sky in the morning, people set out for puja pandals which were a big draw in the metropolis.
"Anjali" (prayers) was offered at the numerous pandals, which have been gorgeously decorated and have come up over the length and breadth of the city.
The traditional "Kumari Puja" was held at the Ramakrishna Mission, Belur Math.
West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan also attended the puja at the math.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma