Dacoits loot Rs 19 lakh from bank in Hooghly
Chinsurah: Unknown gunmen Friday
looted Rs 19 lakh from a bank minutes after the officials
opened it for daily work at Dankuni in Hooghly district.
"Five persons riding motorcycles barged into the
Dankuni Station Road branch of United Bank of India and looted
the money from its vault," Superintendent of Police, Tanmay
Roychowdhury told reporters after visiting the bank.
He said the alarm of the bank did not work, there was
no CCTV and the security was poor.
The police said the bank manager and a few other
employees had arrived at the bank when the incident took
The gunmen held pistols and took all the mobile phones
of the employees, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?