Dacoits on looting spree in Howrah
Howrah (WB): Dacoits, suspected to be a single group, robbed three shops and a petrol pump in a row in Bagnan and Uluberia police stations of Howrah district, the police said on Sunday.
They also injured three persons, one of whom was hospitalised during their robbing spree that occurred around midnight last night.
The group first raided a jewellery shop at Nuntia and robbed some jewellery and cash, the sources said.
They then entered a house in ND Block, thrashed one person but failed to loot anything as neighbours got alerted.
The dacoits comprising at least six men fled in their motorbikes and reached Khadinan and robbed another jewellery shop there, the sources said.
Their next stop was a medicine shop at Harop from where they looted cash.
Finally they looted Rs 1.65 lakh from a petrol pump at Panchla More under Uluberia police station.
While fleeing, they fired several rounds to scare away people, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder