Dacoits on looting spree in Howrah
Howrah (WB): Dacoits, suspected to be a single group, robbed three shops and a petrol pump in a row in Bagnan and Uluberia police stations of Howrah district, the police said on Sunday.
They also injured three persons, one of whom was hospitalised during their robbing spree that occurred around midnight last night.
The group first raided a jewellery shop at Nuntia and robbed some jewellery and cash, the sources said.
They then entered a house in ND Block, thrashed one person but failed to loot anything as neighbours got alerted.
The dacoits comprising at least six men fled in their motorbikes and reached Khadinan and robbed another jewellery shop there, the sources said.
Their next stop was a medicine shop at Harop from where they looted cash.
Finally they looted Rs 1.65 lakh from a petrol pump at Panchla More under Uluberia police station.
While fleeing, they fired several rounds to scare away people, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey