Darjeeling and Jalpaiguri hit by strike
Jalpaiguri (WB): Train services were affected and normal life hit in Darjeeling and Jalpaiguri districts on Tuesday due to a 24-hour strike called by the Dooars-Terai Joint Action Committee.
A number of trains, including an inter-city express and the Sampark Kranti Express, were held up at different parts of Jalpaiguri, officials said.
Besides large parts of the Dooars-Terai region, the towns of Bagdogra and Darjeeling are also partially affected as a result of the strike.
Rail services however continue to function in the Alipurduar line.
The committee, a forum of 26 organisations including the Akhil Bharatiya Adivasi Vikas Parishad, Intuc and KPP, called the strike to oppose the proposal of bringing Gorkha-dominated areas under the Gorkhaland Territorial Administration (GTA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday