Darjeeling civic polls: GJM elected unopposed
Darjeeling: All Gorkha Janmukti Morcha
candidates in Darjeeling, Kurseong and Kalimpong subdivisions
of Darjeeling district were on Saturday declared elected unopposed.
GJM candidates in 79 0f the 84 wards across four
municipalities in the Darjeeling hills were declared elected
unopposed, according to a senior administrative official.
Election would be held in five of the nine wards in
Mirik on December 11 where GJM dissidents have remained in the
fray. GJM candidates were elected unopposed in the other four
wards, he said.
The result would be announced on November 13.
Darjeeling Sub divisional Officer Tamal Das said, the
municipality board would formed only after the announcement of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends