Darjeeling civic polls: GJM elected unopposed
Darjeeling: All Gorkha Janmukti Morcha
candidates in Darjeeling, Kurseong and Kalimpong subdivisions
of Darjeeling district were on Saturday declared elected unopposed.
GJM candidates in 79 0f the 84 wards across four
municipalities in the Darjeeling hills were declared elected
unopposed, according to a senior administrative official.
Election would be held in five of the nine wards in
Mirik on December 11 where GJM dissidents have remained in the
fray. GJM candidates were elected unopposed in the other four
wards, he said.
The result would be announced on November 13.
Darjeeling Sub divisional Officer Tamal Das said, the
municipality board would formed only after the announcement of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP