Darjeeling civic polls: GJM elected unopposed
Darjeeling: All Gorkha Janmukti Morcha
candidates in Darjeeling, Kurseong and Kalimpong subdivisions
of Darjeeling district were on Saturday declared elected unopposed.
GJM candidates in 79 0f the 84 wards across four
municipalities in the Darjeeling hills were declared elected
unopposed, according to a senior administrative official.
Election would be held in five of the nine wards in
Mirik on December 11 where GJM dissidents have remained in the
fray. GJM candidates were elected unopposed in the other four
wards, he said.
The result would be announced on November 13.
Darjeeling Sub divisional Officer Tamal Das said, the
municipality board would formed only after the announcement of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred