Darjeeling experiences season’s first snowfall
Darjeeling: The tourist town in the Darjeeling hills has received the season`s first snowfall with the 3,636 meter Sandakphu covered in a white blanket.
Areas near Sandakphu like Tonglu and Phalut also received snowfall yesterday, according to the MeT office at North Bengal University.
Darjeeling last witnessed snowfall on 11 January, 2012, at Tiger Hill and also at Ghoom and Jorebunglow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February