Darjeeling experiences season’s first snowfall
Darjeeling: The tourist town in the Darjeeling hills has received the season`s first snowfall with the 3,636 meter Sandakphu covered in a white blanket.
Areas near Sandakphu like Tonglu and Phalut also received snowfall yesterday, according to the MeT office at North Bengal University.
Darjeeling last witnessed snowfall on 11 January, 2012, at Tiger Hill and also at Ghoom and Jorebunglow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption