Darjeeling experiences season’s first snowfall
Darjeeling: The tourist town in the Darjeeling hills has received the season`s first snowfall with the 3,636 meter Sandakphu covered in a white blanket.
Areas near Sandakphu like Tonglu and Phalut also received snowfall yesterday, according to the MeT office at North Bengal University.
Darjeeling last witnessed snowfall on 11 January, 2012, at Tiger Hill and also at Ghoom and Jorebunglow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah