Darjeeling experiences snowfall
Darjeeling: The Queen of the Hills - Darjeeling Hills – on Friday received the season`s first snowfall with temperature dipping to freezing cold.
Places like Tiger Hill, Ghoom, Jorebunglow, Falut, Sandakphu, Manebhanjan and nearby areas witnessed snowfall and light rain this noon, officials said.
Several tourists and the local people rushed to the spots after hearing the news of snowfall.
Darjeeling and nearby areas have been witnessing cloudy weather and drizzle.
The temperature is hovering near 3 degrees Celsius, Met officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog