Deb accepts Mamata`s challenge of filing defamation suit
Kolkata: Reacting to Mamata Banerjee`s
statement that her party would file a defamation suit against
him for saying that black money has been used to fund her
election expenses, CPI(M) leader Goutam Deb on Sunday said he has
accepted the challenge and would prove the charges.
"Let her (Mamata Banerjee) go to court or the Income Tax
department, we have enough documents to prove the charges,"
Deb today clarified that only two leaders of the party
Mamata Banerjee and Mukul Roy were involved in such acts.
"Only these two leaders are involved with this operation.
No senior party leader knows it, neither Partha Chatterjee nor
Demanding arrest of Mukul Roy and Mamata Banerjee, Deb
said, "The Trinamool Congress distributed Rs 15 lakh each to
the 226 party candidates. The party should explain and provide
with all documents the source of this fund. Both these leaders
should be arrested."
He said the CPI(M) would take up the matter with the
Election Commission and demanded that the main opposition
party explain how it got Rs 33.90 crore to fund election
expenses for its candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'