Deb accepts Mamata`s challenge of filing defamation suit
Kolkata: Reacting to Mamata Banerjee`s
statement that her party would file a defamation suit against
him for saying that black money has been used to fund her
election expenses, CPI(M) leader Goutam Deb on Sunday said he has
accepted the challenge and would prove the charges.
"Let her (Mamata Banerjee) go to court or the Income Tax
department, we have enough documents to prove the charges,"
Deb today clarified that only two leaders of the party
Mamata Banerjee and Mukul Roy were involved in such acts.
"Only these two leaders are involved with this operation.
No senior party leader knows it, neither Partha Chatterjee nor
Demanding arrest of Mukul Roy and Mamata Banerjee, Deb
said, "The Trinamool Congress distributed Rs 15 lakh each to
the 226 party candidates. The party should explain and provide
with all documents the source of this fund. Both these leaders
should be arrested."
He said the CPI(M) would take up the matter with the
Election Commission and demanded that the main opposition
party explain how it got Rs 33.90 crore to fund election
expenses for its candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?