Deepa Dasmunshi asks TMC MPs to resign before moving no-trust motion
Haldia: The 19 Trinamool Congress MPs should resign before the party moves a no-confidence motion against the UPA government, Congress leader Deepa Dasmunshi on Tuesday said, claiming they were elected with the help of Congress.
"The number of Trinamool Congress MPs in the Lok Sabha rose to 19 from only one with the help of Congress. She (Mamata) should tell her MPs to step down now and get elected. If they win on their own, they can move the motion," Dasmunshi told a meeting of her party here at the Haldia Dock.
Dasmunshi, also a Union minister of state for Urban Development, said without the help of Congress, the TMC`s strength could not have gone upto 19 from just one.
Mamata Banerjee became the Railway minister after she gave her support to the UPA. She made promises one after the other, in some cases without the approval of the Planning Commission.
She should remain "grateful" to the Congress in which she began her political career.
Blaming the TMC government for "bringing disaster" on the state through `gross mismanagement and maladministration, Dasmunshi alleged that an anarchy had been let loose, proved by the recent crisis in the Haldia port.
In its one-and-a-half-year rule the state has climbed to the number one spot in the country`s rape list, which goes to prove that law and order was deteriorating.
"Industry is closing down, no new investment is coming up and the government fails to frame a clear land acquisition policy. The chief minister should then answer how development will take place in the state," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state