Defamation case against Buddhadeb for doubting Mamata`s honesty
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress general secretary Mukul Roy on Friday filed a civil defamation case against former West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee for his alleged comments against Mamata Banerjee.
A civil defamation case against Bhattacharjee was today filed in the Calcutta High Court praying that he be restrained from making such derogatory comments against the Chief Minister, said Roy`s counsel Debanjan Mondal.
The matter is likely to come up before the court of Justice I P Mukherjee next week.
Roy claimed in his petition that Bhattacharjee had made derogatory comments with regard to her honesty during a TV interview.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof