Delay in transfer of departments, GJM unhappy
Darjeeling: The Gorkha Janamukti Morcha on Saturday said it was unhappy with the Mamata Banerjee government for the delay in transfer of most of the departments to the newly elected Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA) Sabha in Darjeeling.
"Of the 59 departments in Darjeeling hills under control of the state government, only six departments were officially handed over to the GTA Sabha till today," GJM secretary Roshan Giri said.
The six departments include tourism, power and planning and development.
"The remaining 53 departments are still being run by the state government though we have taken charge of the GTA in August. We don`t know when we will get all those departments," Giri said.
Giri recently met West Bengal Chief Secretary Sanjay Mitra and conveyed the displeasure.
The GJM leader said the chief secretary the remaining departments would be handed over to them soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India