Delay in transfer of departments, GJM unhappy
Darjeeling: The Gorkha Janamukti Morcha on Saturday said it was unhappy with the Mamata Banerjee government for the delay in transfer of most of the departments to the newly elected Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA) Sabha in Darjeeling.
"Of the 59 departments in Darjeeling hills under control of the state government, only six departments were officially handed over to the GTA Sabha till today," GJM secretary Roshan Giri said.
The six departments include tourism, power and planning and development.
"The remaining 53 departments are still being run by the state government though we have taken charge of the GTA in August. We don`t know when we will get all those departments," Giri said.
Giri recently met West Bengal Chief Secretary Sanjay Mitra and conveyed the displeasure.
The GJM leader said the chief secretary the remaining departments would be handed over to them soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened