Delay in transfer of departments, GJM unhappy
Darjeeling: The Gorkha Janamukti Morcha on Saturday said it was unhappy with the Mamata Banerjee government for the delay in transfer of most of the departments to the newly elected Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA) Sabha in Darjeeling.
"Of the 59 departments in Darjeeling hills under control of the state government, only six departments were officially handed over to the GTA Sabha till today," GJM secretary Roshan Giri said.
The six departments include tourism, power and planning and development.
"The remaining 53 departments are still being run by the state government though we have taken charge of the GTA in August. We don`t know when we will get all those departments," Giri said.
Giri recently met West Bengal Chief Secretary Sanjay Mitra and conveyed the displeasure.
The GJM leader said the chief secretary the remaining departments would be handed over to them soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed