Delay in transfer of departments, GJM unhappy
Darjeeling: The Gorkha Janamukti Morcha on Saturday said it was unhappy with the Mamata Banerjee government for the delay in transfer of most of the departments to the newly elected Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA) Sabha in Darjeeling.
"Of the 59 departments in Darjeeling hills under control of the state government, only six departments were officially handed over to the GTA Sabha till today," GJM secretary Roshan Giri said.
The six departments include tourism, power and planning and development.
"The remaining 53 departments are still being run by the state government though we have taken charge of the GTA in August. We don`t know when we will get all those departments," Giri said.
Giri recently met West Bengal Chief Secretary Sanjay Mitra and conveyed the displeasure.
The GJM leader said the chief secretary the remaining departments would be handed over to them soon.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan