Delay in transfer of departments, GJM unhappy
Darjeeling: The Gorkha Janamukti Morcha on Saturday said it was unhappy with the Mamata Banerjee government for the delay in transfer of most of the departments to the newly elected Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA) Sabha in Darjeeling.
"Of the 59 departments in Darjeeling hills under control of the state government, only six departments were officially handed over to the GTA Sabha till today," GJM secretary Roshan Giri said.
The six departments include tourism, power and planning and development.
"The remaining 53 departments are still being run by the state government though we have taken charge of the GTA in August. We don`t know when we will get all those departments," Giri said.
Giri recently met West Bengal Chief Secretary Sanjay Mitra and conveyed the displeasure.
The GJM leader said the chief secretary the remaining departments would be handed over to them soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown