Delhi rape: SUCI burns Sheila Dikshit’s effigy
Kolkata: An effigy of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit was burnt here on Saturday to protest the brutal rape of a five-year-old girl in Delhi and the insensitivity of the administration and the police in the national capital to deal with such horrific incidents.
Nearly 200 members of the All-India Mahila Sanskritik Sangathan, the women`s wing of SUCI(C), burnt the effigy during a procession it took out.
Sangathan president Hasi Hore said that similar processions were also taken out in districts.
Street corner meetings were held to condemn the horrific incident "which has shaken conscience of civilised world," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users