Delhi rape: SUCI burns Sheila Dikshit’s effigy
Kolkata: An effigy of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit was burnt here on Saturday to protest the brutal rape of a five-year-old girl in Delhi and the insensitivity of the administration and the police in the national capital to deal with such horrific incidents.
Nearly 200 members of the All-India Mahila Sanskritik Sangathan, the women`s wing of SUCI(C), burnt the effigy during a procession it took out.
Sangathan president Hasi Hore said that similar processions were also taken out in districts.
Street corner meetings were held to condemn the horrific incident "which has shaken conscience of civilised world," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference