Delhi rape: SUCI burns Sheila Dikshit’s effigy
Kolkata: An effigy of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit was burnt here on Saturday to protest the brutal rape of a five-year-old girl in Delhi and the insensitivity of the administration and the police in the national capital to deal with such horrific incidents.
Nearly 200 members of the All-India Mahila Sanskritik Sangathan, the women`s wing of SUCI(C), burnt the effigy during a procession it took out.
Sangathan president Hasi Hore said that similar processions were also taken out in districts.
Street corner meetings were held to condemn the horrific incident "which has shaken conscience of civilised world," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31