Delhi rape: SUCI burns Sheila Dikshit’s effigy
Kolkata: An effigy of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit was burnt here on Saturday to protest the brutal rape of a five-year-old girl in Delhi and the insensitivity of the administration and the police in the national capital to deal with such horrific incidents.
Nearly 200 members of the All-India Mahila Sanskritik Sangathan, the women`s wing of SUCI(C), burnt the effigy during a procession it took out.
Sangathan president Hasi Hore said that similar processions were also taken out in districts.
Street corner meetings were held to condemn the horrific incident "which has shaken conscience of civilised world," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP