Delhi rape: SUCI burns Sheila Dikshit’s effigy
Kolkata: An effigy of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit was burnt here on Saturday to protest the brutal rape of a five-year-old girl in Delhi and the insensitivity of the administration and the police in the national capital to deal with such horrific incidents.
Nearly 200 members of the All-India Mahila Sanskritik Sangathan, the women`s wing of SUCI(C), burnt the effigy during a procession it took out.
Sangathan president Hasi Hore said that similar processions were also taken out in districts.
Street corner meetings were held to condemn the horrific incident "which has shaken conscience of civilised world," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss