Depression over north Bay of Bengal
Bhubaneswar: The well-marked low pressure
area over the sea off Orissa-West Bengal coast has concentrated into a depression over north Bay of Bengal off West Bengal-Bangladesh coast and lay centred about 210 km east
of Balasore in Orissa.
"The system is likely to move in north-westerly
direction and cross West Bengal-Bangladesh coast about 50 km east of Sagar Island by June 16 night," said direcor of IMD Sarat Sahu.
Asking all ports in the state to hoist Local Cautionary Signal Number-Three (LC-III) in view of the
depression, Sahu said that strong and squally surface wind
from north-westerly direction with speed reaching 45-55 kmph
gusting 65 kmph would occur along and off Orissa Coast.
Sea condition will be rough to very rough along and
off Orissa Coast, he said adding that rain or thundershower
would occur at most places over the state during the next 24
Heavy to very rainfalls would occur at few places with
extremely heavy rainfalls (more than 25 cm) at one or two
places over north Orissa will heavy to very heavy rainfalls
would occur at one or two places over south Orissa during the
next 48 hours, the Met office predicted.
Fishermen have been advised not to venture into the
sea during the period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai