Despite Maoist attack, joint operation will continue: Govt
Kolkata: Undeterred by the biggest-ever
Maoist attack in West Bengal, the government Tuesday said, the joint
operation by the combined forces would continue in state`s
"Joint operation will continue despite the Maoist
offensive at a EFR camp at Silda in West Midnapore district,"
West Bengal chief secretary, Asok Mohan Chakraborty, said.
Ruling out any suspension of the joint operation, he
said that yesterday`s armed attack on the jawans once again
proved that the Maoists were desperate to disrupt normal life.
At least 24 Eastern Frontier Rifle jawans were killed
yesterday when the ultras overran their camp at Silda in West
Midnapore after setting it on fire.
Chakraborty said three people have been arrested in
connection with the attack.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai