Details of private flight Mamata took to return to Kolkata sought
Kolkata: The details of the chartered flight by which Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee returned to Kolkata on April 10 after she fell ill in Delhi was on Thursday sought from West Bengal government by senior CPI(M) leader Suryakanta Mishra.
"I have asked for details of the charter flight by which the chief minister and a dozen people returned to Kolkata and she was admitted to hospital," Mishra, who is the Leader of the Opposition, told reporters here.
He said he had sought details from the state chief secretary of flight N218KD, including the owner of the aircraft, whether there was a doctor and nurse aboard and the persons who accompanied her.
"If the state government does not furnish the details, we will have to find out," he said.
Referring to the chief minister announcing a Rs 500 crore relief fund, of which Rs 150 crore would be raised by taxing tobacco products, for defrauded depositors of the Saradha Group, Mishra said he did not have any objection to tax on tobacco products but opposed it for other goods and services which would affect the common man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore