Details of private flight Mamata took to return to Kolkata sought
Kolkata: The details of the chartered flight by which Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee returned to Kolkata on April 10 after she fell ill in Delhi was on Thursday sought from West Bengal government by senior CPI(M) leader Suryakanta Mishra.
"I have asked for details of the charter flight by which the chief minister and a dozen people returned to Kolkata and she was admitted to hospital," Mishra, who is the Leader of the Opposition, told reporters here.
He said he had sought details from the state chief secretary of flight N218KD, including the owner of the aircraft, whether there was a doctor and nurse aboard and the persons who accompanied her.
"If the state government does not furnish the details, we will have to find out," he said.
Referring to the chief minister announcing a Rs 500 crore relief fund, of which Rs 150 crore would be raised by taxing tobacco products, for defrauded depositors of the Saradha Group, Mishra said he did not have any objection to tax on tobacco products but opposed it for other goods and services which would affect the common man.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill