Details of private flight Mamata took to return to Kolkata sought
Kolkata: The details of the chartered flight by which Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee returned to Kolkata on April 10 after she fell ill in Delhi was on Thursday sought from West Bengal government by senior CPI(M) leader Suryakanta Mishra.
"I have asked for details of the charter flight by which the chief minister and a dozen people returned to Kolkata and she was admitted to hospital," Mishra, who is the Leader of the Opposition, told reporters here.
He said he had sought details from the state chief secretary of flight N218KD, including the owner of the aircraft, whether there was a doctor and nurse aboard and the persons who accompanied her.
"If the state government does not furnish the details, we will have to find out," he said.
Referring to the chief minister announcing a Rs 500 crore relief fund, of which Rs 150 crore would be raised by taxing tobacco products, for defrauded depositors of the Saradha Group, Mishra said he did not have any objection to tax on tobacco products but opposed it for other goods and services which would affect the common man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa