Details of private flight Mamata took to return to Kolkata sought
Kolkata: The details of the chartered flight by which Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee returned to Kolkata on April 10 after she fell ill in Delhi was on Thursday sought from West Bengal government by senior CPI(M) leader Suryakanta Mishra.
"I have asked for details of the charter flight by which the chief minister and a dozen people returned to Kolkata and she was admitted to hospital," Mishra, who is the Leader of the Opposition, told reporters here.
He said he had sought details from the state chief secretary of flight N218KD, including the owner of the aircraft, whether there was a doctor and nurse aboard and the persons who accompanied her.
"If the state government does not furnish the details, we will have to find out," he said.
Referring to the chief minister announcing a Rs 500 crore relief fund, of which Rs 150 crore would be raised by taxing tobacco products, for defrauded depositors of the Saradha Group, Mishra said he did not have any objection to tax on tobacco products but opposed it for other goods and services which would affect the common man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Attention TV lovers, we have a good news for 'Sarabhai vs Sarabhai' fans! - Read more
- News Television Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags best news channel website honour
- Say Whaaat! Winners of Sunny Leone, Rannvijay Singha's 'Splitsvilla 9' already decided?
- Google-backed transpacific submarine cable between US and Japan goes live today!
- WOAH! Gautam Gambhir absolutely destroys Ravi Shastri - Here are his scathing comments