DGP visits Purulia district
Purulia: West Bengal Director General of Police (DGP) Naparajita Mukherjee on Sarurday visited Purulia district and reviewed the security situation in the district,
where a Trinamool Congress worker was killed by Maoists yesterday.
The DGP also visited the spot where Maoists killed 52-year-old Jeetu Singh Sardar. He also met the family members of the Sardar, official sources said.
Mukherjee said the place where Sardar was killed, the Maoists had killed six persons in the same place in the last one year.
The police yesterday Sardar`s body lying by the side of a a pond where some Maoist posters were found strewn. The posters claimed that Sardar has been killed for being a police informer and member of an anti-Maoist vigilante group.
The DGP also held high-level meeting with senior district police officers and reviewed the security situation in the district, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video