DGP visits Purulia district
Purulia: West Bengal Director General of Police (DGP) Naparajita Mukherjee on Sarurday visited Purulia district and reviewed the security situation in the district,
where a Trinamool Congress worker was killed by Maoists yesterday.
The DGP also visited the spot where Maoists killed 52-year-old Jeetu Singh Sardar. He also met the family members of the Sardar, official sources said.
Mukherjee said the place where Sardar was killed, the Maoists had killed six persons in the same place in the last one year.
The police yesterday Sardar`s body lying by the side of a a pond where some Maoist posters were found strewn. The posters claimed that Sardar has been killed for being a police informer and member of an anti-Maoist vigilante group.
The DGP also held high-level meeting with senior district police officers and reviewed the security situation in the district, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement