DGP visits Purulia district
Purulia: West Bengal Director General of Police (DGP) Naparajita Mukherjee on Sarurday visited Purulia district and reviewed the security situation in the district,
where a Trinamool Congress worker was killed by Maoists yesterday.
The DGP also visited the spot where Maoists killed 52-year-old Jeetu Singh Sardar. He also met the family members of the Sardar, official sources said.
Mukherjee said the place where Sardar was killed, the Maoists had killed six persons in the same place in the last one year.
The police yesterday Sardar`s body lying by the side of a a pond where some Maoist posters were found strewn. The posters claimed that Sardar has been killed for being a police informer and member of an anti-Maoist vigilante group.
The DGP also held high-level meeting with senior district police officers and reviewed the security situation in the district, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what