DGP visits Purulia district
Purulia: West Bengal Director General of Police (DGP) Naparajita Mukherjee on Sarurday visited Purulia district and reviewed the security situation in the district,
where a Trinamool Congress worker was killed by Maoists yesterday.
The DGP also visited the spot where Maoists killed 52-year-old Jeetu Singh Sardar. He also met the family members of the Sardar, official sources said.
Mukherjee said the place where Sardar was killed, the Maoists had killed six persons in the same place in the last one year.
The police yesterday Sardar`s body lying by the side of a a pond where some Maoist posters were found strewn. The posters claimed that Sardar has been killed for being a police informer and member of an anti-Maoist vigilante group.
The DGP also held high-level meeting with senior district police officers and reviewed the security situation in the district, the sources added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged