DGP visits Purulia district
Purulia: West Bengal Director General of Police (DGP) Naparajita Mukherjee on Sarurday visited Purulia district and reviewed the security situation in the district,
where a Trinamool Congress worker was killed by Maoists yesterday.
The DGP also visited the spot where Maoists killed 52-year-old Jeetu Singh Sardar. He also met the family members of the Sardar, official sources said.
Mukherjee said the place where Sardar was killed, the Maoists had killed six persons in the same place in the last one year.
The police yesterday Sardar`s body lying by the side of a a pond where some Maoist posters were found strewn. The posters claimed that Sardar has been killed for being a police informer and member of an anti-Maoist vigilante group.
The DGP also held high-level meeting with senior district police officers and reviewed the security situation in the district, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj