Dhapa clash: One arrested, cop transferred
Kolkata: Days after Dhapa clash, in which a Trinamool Congress worker was killed, police today arrested one person while the officer-in-charge (OC) of Pragati Maidan police station was transferred.
A person named Kana Biswas was arrested in connection with the clash between two groups of Trinamool Congress over a vacant piece of land adjoining a cowshed at Dhapa on the eastern outskirts of the city on March 20, police said.
However, the main accused, Trinamool Congress councillor Sambhunath Kow, is still at large.
Meanwhile, Indraneel Chaudhuri, officer-in-charge of the local police station was transferred, officials said.
The government has ordered a probe into the clash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda