Digha to be developed more than Goa: Mamata
Digha (WB): West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday said her government would develop sea resorts of Digha, Shankarpur and Mandarmani in such a way that tourists would prefer these places to Goa.
``Digha, Shankarpur and Mandarmani will be so
developed that tourists will prefer these places to Goa,`` the
chief minister said while inaugurating a beach festival.
Alleging that the previous Left Front government had
`neglected` the sea resort of Digha in the last 12 years, she
said that embankments along the sea needed urgent repair.
``I have asked the Irrigation minister, Manas Bhuinya,
to immediately undertake repair of the damaged embankments
here,`` she said adding all pending work had been taken up to
develop Digha in a big way.
Banerjee said that the Egra-Contai road link, near
here, would be upgraded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29