Digha to be developed more than Goa: Mamata
Digha (WB): West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday said her government would develop sea resorts of Digha, Shankarpur and Mandarmani in such a way that tourists would prefer these places to Goa.
``Digha, Shankarpur and Mandarmani will be so
developed that tourists will prefer these places to Goa,`` the
chief minister said while inaugurating a beach festival.
Alleging that the previous Left Front government had
`neglected` the sea resort of Digha in the last 12 years, she
said that embankments along the sea needed urgent repair.
``I have asked the Irrigation minister, Manas Bhuinya,
to immediately undertake repair of the damaged embankments
here,`` she said adding all pending work had been taken up to
develop Digha in a big way.
Banerjee said that the Egra-Contai road link, near
here, would be upgraded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter