Digha to be developed more than Goa: Mamata
Digha (WB): West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday said her government would develop sea resorts of Digha, Shankarpur and Mandarmani in such a way that tourists would prefer these places to Goa.
``Digha, Shankarpur and Mandarmani will be so
developed that tourists will prefer these places to Goa,`` the
chief minister said while inaugurating a beach festival.
Alleging that the previous Left Front government had
`neglected` the sea resort of Digha in the last 12 years, she
said that embankments along the sea needed urgent repair.
``I have asked the Irrigation minister, Manas Bhuinya,
to immediately undertake repair of the damaged embankments
here,`` she said adding all pending work had been taken up to
develop Digha in a big way.
Banerjee said that the Egra-Contai road link, near
here, would be upgraded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Hafiz Saeed leaves Pakistan fuming, claims protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT
- I have aged not Michelle: Obama
- Look what Sidharth Malhotra has to say about PM Narendra Modi and President Pranab Mukherjee’s ‘Kala Chashma’
- Markandey Katju lambasts Umar Khalid over Burhan Wani, Azadi for Kashmir demand – Know what he said
- Nintendo's Mario eyes a Mickey Mouse merchandising makeover