Digha to be developed more than Goa: Mamata
Digha (WB): West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday said her government would develop sea resorts of Digha, Shankarpur and Mandarmani in such a way that tourists would prefer these places to Goa.
``Digha, Shankarpur and Mandarmani will be so
developed that tourists will prefer these places to Goa,`` the
chief minister said while inaugurating a beach festival.
Alleging that the previous Left Front government had
`neglected` the sea resort of Digha in the last 12 years, she
said that embankments along the sea needed urgent repair.
``I have asked the Irrigation minister, Manas Bhuinya,
to immediately undertake repair of the damaged embankments
here,`` she said adding all pending work had been taken up to
develop Digha in a big way.
Banerjee said that the Egra-Contai road link, near
here, would be upgraded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh