Dissident TMC MLA says party leadership rewards corrupt
Kolkata: Dissident Trinamool Congress MLA Sikha Mitra today crossed swords with the party leadership, charging it with "rewarding" the corrupt and punishing those who stayed on the right path.
"I am surprised to see that if someone indulged in corruption, he is promoted and those who are on the right path are demoted," Mitra, wife of disgruntled TMC MP Somen Mitra, said.
"The same thing happened with former Siliguri police commisssioner K Jayaraman" (who was removed after the arrest of Malda district magistrate G Kiran Kumar for alleged misappropriation of funds)," she said.
Sikha Mitra also wondered what prevented the Mamata Banerjee government from seeking a CBI probe into the Saradha chitfund scam.
"Mamata Banerjee, who portrayed herself as a symbol of honesty, should have gone for a CBI inquiry into the scam," she felt.
She also alleged that the chief minister only wanted sycophancy, which "we cannot do".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details