Dissident TMC MLA says party leadership rewards corrupt
Kolkata: Dissident Trinamool Congress MLA Sikha Mitra today crossed swords with the party leadership, charging it with "rewarding" the corrupt and punishing those who stayed on the right path.
"I am surprised to see that if someone indulged in corruption, he is promoted and those who are on the right path are demoted," Mitra, wife of disgruntled TMC MP Somen Mitra, said.
"The same thing happened with former Siliguri police commisssioner K Jayaraman" (who was removed after the arrest of Malda district magistrate G Kiran Kumar for alleged misappropriation of funds)," she said.
Sikha Mitra also wondered what prevented the Mamata Banerjee government from seeking a CBI probe into the Saradha chitfund scam.
"Mamata Banerjee, who portrayed herself as a symbol of honesty, should have gone for a CBI inquiry into the scam," she felt.
She also alleged that the chief minister only wanted sycophancy, which "we cannot do".
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Heatwave grips east, central and peninsular India; many dead in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh due to cyclone, hailstorm
- Anti-Donald Trump protests break out for second day in California
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video