Dissident TMC MLA says party leadership rewards corrupt
Kolkata: Dissident Trinamool Congress MLA Sikha Mitra today crossed swords with the party leadership, charging it with "rewarding" the corrupt and punishing those who stayed on the right path.
"I am surprised to see that if someone indulged in corruption, he is promoted and those who are on the right path are demoted," Mitra, wife of disgruntled TMC MP Somen Mitra, said.
"The same thing happened with former Siliguri police commisssioner K Jayaraman" (who was removed after the arrest of Malda district magistrate G Kiran Kumar for alleged misappropriation of funds)," she said.
Sikha Mitra also wondered what prevented the Mamata Banerjee government from seeking a CBI probe into the Saradha chitfund scam.
"Mamata Banerjee, who portrayed herself as a symbol of honesty, should have gone for a CBI inquiry into the scam," she felt.
She also alleged that the chief minister only wanted sycophancy, which "we cannot do".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS