Dissident TMC MLA says party leadership rewards corrupt
Kolkata: Dissident Trinamool Congress MLA Sikha Mitra today crossed swords with the party leadership, charging it with "rewarding" the corrupt and punishing those who stayed on the right path.
"I am surprised to see that if someone indulged in corruption, he is promoted and those who are on the right path are demoted," Mitra, wife of disgruntled TMC MP Somen Mitra, said.
"The same thing happened with former Siliguri police commisssioner K Jayaraman" (who was removed after the arrest of Malda district magistrate G Kiran Kumar for alleged misappropriation of funds)," she said.
Sikha Mitra also wondered what prevented the Mamata Banerjee government from seeking a CBI probe into the Saradha chitfund scam.
"Mamata Banerjee, who portrayed herself as a symbol of honesty, should have gone for a CBI inquiry into the scam," she felt.
She also alleged that the chief minister only wanted sycophancy, which "we cannot do".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened