Dissident TMC MLA says party leadership rewards corrupt
Kolkata: Dissident Trinamool Congress MLA Sikha Mitra today crossed swords with the party leadership, charging it with "rewarding" the corrupt and punishing those who stayed on the right path.
"I am surprised to see that if someone indulged in corruption, he is promoted and those who are on the right path are demoted," Mitra, wife of disgruntled TMC MP Somen Mitra, said.
"The same thing happened with former Siliguri police commisssioner K Jayaraman" (who was removed after the arrest of Malda district magistrate G Kiran Kumar for alleged misappropriation of funds)," she said.
Sikha Mitra also wondered what prevented the Mamata Banerjee government from seeking a CBI probe into the Saradha chitfund scam.
"Mamata Banerjee, who portrayed herself as a symbol of honesty, should have gone for a CBI inquiry into the scam," she felt.
She also alleged that the chief minister only wanted sycophancy, which "we cannot do".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside