Doctor quizzed in woman`s unnatural death case
Hooghly: With the CID taking over the investigation of the unnatural death of a woman at a private home for mentally ill women in Hooghly district, a doctor was quizzed by the police.
Kanchan Mondal was asked by police officers whether he had signed the death certificate of the woman, a charge denied by the doctor.
Police officials said CID officers which started investigating into the case from today will come to Hooghly tomorrow to investigate the matter.
Altogether ten persons have been arrested in the case till today.
Guria, an inmate of the Rehabilitation Centre for Mentally Ill Persons (Women), was killed last week when a ceiling fan fell on her head and buried after duly obtaining a death certificate.
The body was exhumed after villagers alleged foul play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what