Doctor quizzed in woman`s unnatural death case
Hooghly: With the CID taking over the investigation of the unnatural death of a woman at a private home for mentally ill women in Hooghly district, a doctor was quizzed by the police.
Kanchan Mondal was asked by police officers whether he had signed the death certificate of the woman, a charge denied by the doctor.
Police officials said CID officers which started investigating into the case from today will come to Hooghly tomorrow to investigate the matter.
Altogether ten persons have been arrested in the case till today.
Guria, an inmate of the Rehabilitation Centre for Mentally Ill Persons (Women), was killed last week when a ceiling fan fell on her head and buried after duly obtaining a death certificate.
The body was exhumed after villagers alleged foul play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video