Don Bosco school VP remanded to 7 days` jail custody
Hooghly: The vice principal of a reputed Missionary school in Hooghly district, who was arrested on Wednesday on the charge of caning seven students, was remanded to seven days jail custody on Thursday.
Subir Mondal, vice-principal of Don Bosco school at Bandel, was produced before the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate, Chuchura, Manjushree Mondal who remanded him to seven days jail custody.
The students of class IV were decorating their class room for the Teachers Day celebration and were playing with foam spray when Mondal entered the classroom, the police said.
Mondal snatched the foam spray from the students and started beating the students with a cane injuring seven of them. He was arrested after parents of the students lodged a complaint with the Chuchura police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight