Don`t create controversy over every act of Mamata: Governor
Kolkata: Two days after West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s visit to Kamduni village where she shouted at anti-rape protestors, Governor M.K. Narayanan Wednesday urged media not to create controversy over every act of the Trinamool Congress supremo.
"Don`t dissect whatever she does. Don`t create unnecessary controversy," Narayanan told media persons on the sidelines of a programme here to queries on the turn of events marking Banerjee`s brief visit to the house of a gangrape-murder victim Monday.
Banerjee had gone unannounced to the North 24 Parganas district village, the residence of the second-year college student abducted, gang-raped and killed by a group of youths June 7 when she was returning home after appearing in an examination.
However, the visit turned sour after a group of women asked her to talk to them and shouted slogans about the lack of security. The chief minister lost her cool and screamed at the villagers to "shut up". She also branded the perpetrators of the crime as well as the protesters as "CPI-M (Communist Party of India-Marxist) people".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred