Don`t create controversy over every act of Mamata: Governor
Kolkata: Two days after West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s visit to Kamduni village where she shouted at anti-rape protestors, Governor M.K. Narayanan Wednesday urged media not to create controversy over every act of the Trinamool Congress supremo.
"Don`t dissect whatever she does. Don`t create unnecessary controversy," Narayanan told media persons on the sidelines of a programme here to queries on the turn of events marking Banerjee`s brief visit to the house of a gangrape-murder victim Monday.
Banerjee had gone unannounced to the North 24 Parganas district village, the residence of the second-year college student abducted, gang-raped and killed by a group of youths June 7 when she was returning home after appearing in an examination.
However, the visit turned sour after a group of women asked her to talk to them and shouted slogans about the lack of security. The chief minister lost her cool and screamed at the villagers to "shut up". She also branded the perpetrators of the crime as well as the protesters as "CPI-M (Communist Party of India-Marxist) people".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday