Don`t marry CPM workers: TMC leader to partymen
Kolkata: In a bizarre prescription, a Trinamool leader and state minister Jyotipriya Mallick asked his party cadre not to marry any CPI-M worker and avoid even small talk with members of the Left party.
Mallick, the food and supplies minister, came out with this plea as a way out for Trinamool Congress workers to keep distance from cadres of the ruling party`s arch rival CPI-M to put up an all out fight against the Marxists.
"Don`t mingle with CPI-M workers. Don`t talk to them. Don`t establish any marriage relation with CPI-M cadre," he told a party meeting at Habra in North 24-Parganas last night in comments that could fuel a controversy and also reflecting Trinamool`s bitter rivalry with CPI-M.
Mallick asked the partymen not to have any truck with the CPI-M and said, "We cannot fight the CPI-M all out if we keep any relation with them."
Urging the party workers to maintain distance from the CPI-M cadre and local leaders, he said, "Don`t gossip with them even at tea stalls."
Trinamool Congress workers should continue to do so till Panchayat polls and beyond, he said. The panchayat elections are due next year.
CPI(M) dismissed Mallick`s appeal to the Trinamool workers as "unfortunate, atrocious and ridiculous."
"Democratic values are at stake because intolerance is being promoted by the highest authorities," CPI(M) leader Md Salim said.
Salim said Trinamool is trying to destroy the social fabric in a state known for its village culture and ties between people irrespective of caste, creed and religion.
He said it is regrettable that the ruling party is developing and promoting enmity between people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning