Don`t want to embarrass party over scam: Trinamool MP
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh, being questioned by the police for alleged complicity in the Saradha Group chit fund scam, Sunday urged the party to set up an internal probe panel on the issue so that party-related details could be prevented from becoming public.
"I feel the party should set up its own commission because there are certain things which might embarrass the party if I reveal them during administrative probes. I don`t want to make public things relating to the party," Ghosh, a Rajya Sabha member, told media after he was grilled by the police for the second successive day.
The journalist-turned-MP said he had written to party leaders to form a probe panel on the Saradha scam so that he could discuss things within the party and sensitive details did not come out in the public domain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi