Don`t withdraw central forces from West Bengal: Trinamool
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress today urged the Centre not to withdraw central forces from West Bengal without the consent of the state government to maintain the federal structure of the country.
Raising the issue in the Lok Sabha, Sudip Bandhopadhyay (TC) urged Home Minister Rajnath Singh to discuss the issue with the Mamata Banerjee government before taking a call.
He said 13 companies of central forces are being withdrawn from Jharkhand-Midnapore border and the Darjeeling-Nepal border.
He said the state has become a model of peace and the forces were required to maintain tranquility.
Responding to his demand, Singh said he will get details of the issue raised by the Trinamool Congress member.
He also asserted that the sanctity of the federal structure will be maintained.
Former Railways minister Dinesh Trivedi took as member of the 16th Lok Sabha today.
The House also paid tributes to its former member A Narendra, who represented Medak (then in Andhra Pradesh and now in Telangana) in the 13th and 14th Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3