Drop in man-days lost in West Bengal: Mamata
Kolkata: Claiming a significant change in the work culture in the state, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Wednesday said the number of man-days lost has decreased to 5,200 till September this year, which she described as "remarkable".
"I am giving you one example of West Bengal which will speak for itself for your judgement, Banerjee said in a Facebook post.
Citing statistics, Banerjee said while 68 lakh man-days were lost in 2009-10, 65,80,000 man-days were lost in 2010-11.
"But with the inception of the new Government at the end of May 2011, 60,000 man-days were lost in 2011-12. This year, in 2012-13 (up to September 2012), only 5,200 man-days have been lost," she said.
"This month, our Government is completing one-and-a-half year. There is a remarkable achievement and significant change in work culture," she said.
She reiterated that her government was suffering from acute financial crises and not received any financial support from the central government to meet the huge financial liabilities left behind by the previous Left Front government.
"I am proud to share this information with you. Now you judge about the change," she said.
Her statement came on a day FICCI president R V Kanoria praised her on work culture and law and order when she faced criticism over the Haldia fiasco which saw a cargo handler leaving Haldia Dock citing unsafe work conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks