Drop in man-days lost in West Bengal: Mamata
Kolkata: Claiming a significant change in the work culture in the state, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Wednesday said the number of man-days lost has decreased to 5,200 till September this year, which she described as "remarkable".
"I am giving you one example of West Bengal which will speak for itself for your judgement, Banerjee said in a Facebook post.
Citing statistics, Banerjee said while 68 lakh man-days were lost in 2009-10, 65,80,000 man-days were lost in 2010-11.
"But with the inception of the new Government at the end of May 2011, 60,000 man-days were lost in 2011-12. This year, in 2012-13 (up to September 2012), only 5,200 man-days have been lost," she said.
"This month, our Government is completing one-and-a-half year. There is a remarkable achievement and significant change in work culture," she said.
She reiterated that her government was suffering from acute financial crises and not received any financial support from the central government to meet the huge financial liabilities left behind by the previous Left Front government.
"I am proud to share this information with you. Now you judge about the change," she said.
Her statement came on a day FICCI president R V Kanoria praised her on work culture and law and order when she faced criticism over the Haldia fiasco which saw a cargo handler leaving Haldia Dock citing unsafe work conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate