Drop in man-days lost in West Bengal: Mamata
Kolkata: Claiming a significant change in the work culture in the state, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Wednesday said the number of man-days lost has decreased to 5,200 till September this year, which she described as "remarkable".
"I am giving you one example of West Bengal which will speak for itself for your judgement, Banerjee said in a Facebook post.
Citing statistics, Banerjee said while 68 lakh man-days were lost in 2009-10, 65,80,000 man-days were lost in 2010-11.
"But with the inception of the new Government at the end of May 2011, 60,000 man-days were lost in 2011-12. This year, in 2012-13 (up to September 2012), only 5,200 man-days have been lost," she said.
"This month, our Government is completing one-and-a-half year. There is a remarkable achievement and significant change in work culture," she said.
She reiterated that her government was suffering from acute financial crises and not received any financial support from the central government to meet the huge financial liabilities left behind by the previous Left Front government.
"I am proud to share this information with you. Now you judge about the change," she said.
Her statement came on a day FICCI president R V Kanoria praised her on work culture and law and order when she faced criticism over the Haldia fiasco which saw a cargo handler leaving Haldia Dock citing unsafe work conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Seoul, Washington start war game despite Pyongyang's backlash
- Manjula Chellur sworn-in as Chief Justice of Bombay High Court
- Gionee S6s smartphone with 8MP front camera launched at Rs 17,999
- Karisma Kapoor just shared a major throwback picture with sister Kareena and we LOVE IT!
- Fungi show green way to recycle batteries