Drop in man-days lost in West Bengal: Mamata
Kolkata: Claiming a significant change in the work culture in the state, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Wednesday said the number of man-days lost has decreased to 5,200 till September this year, which she described as "remarkable".
"I am giving you one example of West Bengal which will speak for itself for your judgement, Banerjee said in a Facebook post.
Citing statistics, Banerjee said while 68 lakh man-days were lost in 2009-10, 65,80,000 man-days were lost in 2010-11.
"But with the inception of the new Government at the end of May 2011, 60,000 man-days were lost in 2011-12. This year, in 2012-13 (up to September 2012), only 5,200 man-days have been lost," she said.
"This month, our Government is completing one-and-a-half year. There is a remarkable achievement and significant change in work culture," she said.
She reiterated that her government was suffering from acute financial crises and not received any financial support from the central government to meet the huge financial liabilities left behind by the previous Left Front government.
"I am proud to share this information with you. Now you judge about the change," she said.
Her statement came on a day FICCI president R V Kanoria praised her on work culture and law and order when she faced criticism over the Haldia fiasco which saw a cargo handler leaving Haldia Dock citing unsafe work conditions.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!