Drubbing awaits CPI-M in Kerala & WB: KPCC chief
Thiruvananthapuram: A severe drubbing is in store
for CPI-M in West Bengal and Kerala as the people in these states were keen on ending the anti-people rule of the Left, Kerala PCC president Ramesh Chennithala said Friday.
"The CPI-M has been functioning like a corporate house for
the last five years, completely ignoring the people who voted
it to power. The assembly polls will be used by the voters
to give a befitting reply to the party", Chennithala told a
In Kerala the Congress-led UDF would sweep the April 13
polls lifting over 100 seats in the 140-member House, he said.
Dismissing the suggestion that "Achuthanandan" factor would help the LDF, Chennithala said there was no such factor as the government headed by him had nothing to boast of.
"While Achuthanandan waxed eloquent on corruption, he has
run away from even giving reply to charges levelled by the
opposition against he and his government", Chennithala said.
He alleged that LDF was running its campaign on huge funds
given by a lottery tycoon who made a big fortune through
fraudulent operations of lotteries of other states.
If voted to power, the UDF government would immediately
seek a CBI probe into the irregularities in the operation of
Asked about the significance of his candidature in the
polls, Chennithala said he was not aiming at any big post
as his sole objective was to ensure a splendid victory for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report