Duggal reviews internal security in West Bengal
Kolkata: The security situation in West
Bengal was on Friday reviewed by Chairman of Internal Security
Challenges group, VK Duggal.
The former Home Secretary held a high-level meeting with
senior officials of the WB government and various security
agencies to assess the security situation.
"We are going to all states to assess the situation
relating to internal security," Duggal told newsmen after the
To a question whether sensitive issues like Left-Wing
Extremism was discussed in the meeting, Duggal said, "We have
discussed everything with regard to internal security in the
presence of all security agencies of the state and the Centre,
besides state administration."
Among those present in the meeting were WB Chief
Secretary Samar Ghosh, Home Secretary GD Gautama, DGP
Naparajit Mukherjee, Kolkata Police Commissioner RK
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit: Here are answers to 5 key questions on what will happen next in Britain's relations with European Union
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating