Duggal reviews internal security in West Bengal
Kolkata: The security situation in West
Bengal was on Friday reviewed by Chairman of Internal Security
Challenges group, VK Duggal.
The former Home Secretary held a high-level meeting with
senior officials of the WB government and various security
agencies to assess the security situation.
"We are going to all states to assess the situation
relating to internal security," Duggal told newsmen after the
To a question whether sensitive issues like Left-Wing
Extremism was discussed in the meeting, Duggal said, "We have
discussed everything with regard to internal security in the
presence of all security agencies of the state and the Centre,
besides state administration."
Among those present in the meeting were WB Chief
Secretary Samar Ghosh, Home Secretary GD Gautama, DGP
Naparajit Mukherjee, Kolkata Police Commissioner RK
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Vijay Mallya PMLA case: ED to invoke India-UK MLAT for extradition
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 1: RCB vs GL - Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming
- BJP govt cannot turn a blind eye to illegal immigration in Assam: RSS
- CBSE announces results of Central Teacher Eligibility Test
- PM Modi gifts Iran's Supreme leader Ayatollah Khamenei reproduction of rare Quran manuscript