Durga Puja joyride turns fatal for girl
Kolkata: A ride on a toy train proved fatal for a young girl when a part of the train came apart at a Durga Puja celebration here.
Sushmita Adhikari, 11, died on Sunday night at the Adivasi Brinda Durga Puja marque in south Kolkata, police said.
The victim`s severely injured friend, Khushi Saha, also 11, was battling for life at a hospital. The toy train operator and the fair organiser have been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back