Durga Puja joyride turns fatal for girl
Kolkata: A ride on a toy train proved fatal for a young girl when a part of the train came apart at a Durga Puja celebration here.
Sushmita Adhikari, 11, died on Sunday night at the Adivasi Brinda Durga Puja marque in south Kolkata, police said.
The victim`s severely injured friend, Khushi Saha, also 11, was battling for life at a hospital. The toy train operator and the fair organiser have been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list