Eastern Army commander reviews preparedness at Sino-Indian border
Kolkata: Eastern Army Commander Lt. Gen. MMS Rai Tuesday reviewed the preparedness and the security situation of the operational areas in the Sikkim and north Bengal sectors at the Sino-Indian border.
Rai is on a two-day visit to these sectors after having taken over the charge of the Eastern Command earlier this month, a defence release said.
Along with the Trishakti Corps Commander Lt. Gen. K.J. Singh, he will visit the troops in the forward areas and take a first-hand report on all the activities undertaken by the corps along the borders.
Singh briefed the army commander on various operational and administrative issues and the ongoing efforts in maintaining peace and tranquility along the borders with China as per Border Peace and Tranquility Agreement and the recently concluded Border Defence Cooperation Agreement.
Rai appreciated the efforts of the troops in maintaining peace and tranquility along the borders and commended their high morale despite being deployed in tough and physically demanding conditions.
During his maiden visit to the Corps HQ, Rai also paid homage to the martyrs of the Trishakti Corps by laying a wreath at the war memorial before flying out to the forward areas.
He is also expected to call on the Chief Minister and Governor of Sikkim in Gangtok, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan