Eastern Army commander reviews preparedness at Sino-Indian border
Kolkata: Eastern Army Commander Lt. Gen. MMS Rai Tuesday reviewed the preparedness and the security situation of the operational areas in the Sikkim and north Bengal sectors at the Sino-Indian border.
Rai is on a two-day visit to these sectors after having taken over the charge of the Eastern Command earlier this month, a defence release said.
Along with the Trishakti Corps Commander Lt. Gen. K.J. Singh, he will visit the troops in the forward areas and take a first-hand report on all the activities undertaken by the corps along the borders.
Singh briefed the army commander on various operational and administrative issues and the ongoing efforts in maintaining peace and tranquility along the borders with China as per Border Peace and Tranquility Agreement and the recently concluded Border Defence Cooperation Agreement.
Rai appreciated the efforts of the troops in maintaining peace and tranquility along the borders and commended their high morale despite being deployed in tough and physically demanding conditions.
During his maiden visit to the Corps HQ, Rai also paid homage to the martyrs of the Trishakti Corps by laying a wreath at the war memorial before flying out to the forward areas.
He is also expected to call on the Chief Minister and Governor of Sikkim in Gangtok, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH