EC explores possibility of SMS-based poll monitoring
Kolkata: Electoral officials today held a meeting with senior police and administrative officers to discuss the possibility of including the police administration into an SMS-based poll monitoring system.
"We have started an SMS-based poll monitoring system where all polling personnel are directly contributing to the network and this is huge success," Chief Electoral officer Sunil Gupta said.
In the meeting, they discussed the possibility of including the police administration into this networking system.
"If we can do that then the presiding officer candirectly inform the police when there is a problem in the polling station and this will help in quick police
intervention," Gupta said.
"This will save time and help to make the polls more safe and peaceful" he added.
Apart from Chief Secretary Samar Ghosh, Home Secretary G D Goutama and ADG (Law and Order) Surajit Kar Purakayastha were present in the meeting.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'