EC explores possibility of SMS-based poll monitoring
Kolkata: Electoral officials today held a meeting with senior police and administrative officers to discuss the possibility of including the police administration into an SMS-based poll monitoring system.
"We have started an SMS-based poll monitoring system where all polling personnel are directly contributing to the network and this is huge success," Chief Electoral officer Sunil Gupta said.
In the meeting, they discussed the possibility of including the police administration into this networking system.
"If we can do that then the presiding officer candirectly inform the police when there is a problem in the polling station and this will help in quick police
intervention," Gupta said.
"This will save time and help to make the polls more safe and peaceful" he added.
Apart from Chief Secretary Samar Ghosh, Home Secretary G D Goutama and ADG (Law and Order) Surajit Kar Purakayastha were present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her