EC files FIR against Union Shipping Minister`s son
Kolkata: The Election Commission has booked Trinamool Congress candidate from Bijpur Assembly seat in North 24 Parganas district on charges of assaulting members of an EC-appointed team and later suspended a police officer for not taking action.
Chief Electoral Officer Sunil Gupta said today, "The candidate Subhrangsu Roy and some of his supporters physically assaulted members of an EC appointed team yesterday after it
went to Bijpur Assembly seat to erase wall writings on public and private buildings."
"The commission then lodged an FIR at Bijpur police station against 10 persons including Roy - one of the main accused in the incident," Gupta said.
"We had asked for a report from the district magistrate and superintendent of police and have come to know that Roy went to the police station and stayed there for sometime even
after the complaint was lodged," Gupta said.
"With no satisfactory answer about reasons behind Roy not being arrested, we have decided to suspend the IC Partha Pratim Roy," Gupta said.
The candidate, the son of prominent Union Shipping Minister Mukul Roy, could not be traced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'