EC notice to Mamata for poll code violation
Kolkata: The Election Commission of India on Friday sent a notice to the Trinamool Congress chief and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in a case related to poll code violation.
The case is about the violation of model code of conduct during the recently held bypolls in the state.
Mamata had allegedly promised jobs to the Trinamool Congress Youth Brigade in her speeches during the campaign.
The West Bengal chief secretary will reply to the notice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'