ED further interrogates Kunal Ghosh in Saradha scam
Kolkata: Suspended Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh was Tueswday interrogated by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) here on his role in the Saradha ponzi scam, after being interrogated by the Bidhannagar Police nine times.
Responding to a volley of questions about his knowledge on Saradha group chairman Sudipta Sen`s rapid rise from a small time fund manager and real estate dealer in South 24 Parganas` Bishnupur area, Ghosh told reporters after coming out of the ED`s Salt Lake office, "Madan Mitra knows better than me. I was asked to be present in the ED`s office today which I did."
On Saradha`s agreement with Pratidin Publication, Ghosh said "I have told the ED that Srinjoy Bose (Rajya Sabha MP of Trinamool Congress) knows it."
Asked about Saradha`s overseas programmes, he said "Retired IPS Rajat Majumdar knows it better."
Describing it as "most unfortunate", state transport minister Madan Mitra said he was introduced to Sen at a function at Bishnupur, after he was elected from there in the state Assembly in 2009.
"But, I came to know that Sen was doing his business in there since 2006," he said.
The ED interrogated Ghosh first time in Delhi some weeks back.
Asked about Sudipta Sen`s letter to the CBI, accusing him of extorting money from him, Ghosh alleged Sen`s letter to the agency was nothing but a conspiracy.
"The conspiracy was hatched in a way to divert attention from the main issue and implicate me," he claimed.
ED sources, however, could not be contacted.
Apart from being grilled repeatedly by the local police, Ghosh was also summoned by the Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state