ED further interrogates Kunal Ghosh in Saradha scam
Kolkata: Suspended Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh was Tueswday interrogated by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) here on his role in the Saradha ponzi scam, after being interrogated by the Bidhannagar Police nine times.
Responding to a volley of questions about his knowledge on Saradha group chairman Sudipta Sen`s rapid rise from a small time fund manager and real estate dealer in South 24 Parganas` Bishnupur area, Ghosh told reporters after coming out of the ED`s Salt Lake office, "Madan Mitra knows better than me. I was asked to be present in the ED`s office today which I did."
On Saradha`s agreement with Pratidin Publication, Ghosh said "I have told the ED that Srinjoy Bose (Rajya Sabha MP of Trinamool Congress) knows it."
Asked about Saradha`s overseas programmes, he said "Retired IPS Rajat Majumdar knows it better."
Describing it as "most unfortunate", state transport minister Madan Mitra said he was introduced to Sen at a function at Bishnupur, after he was elected from there in the state Assembly in 2009.
"But, I came to know that Sen was doing his business in there since 2006," he said.
The ED interrogated Ghosh first time in Delhi some weeks back.
Asked about Sudipta Sen`s letter to the CBI, accusing him of extorting money from him, Ghosh alleged Sen`s letter to the agency was nothing but a conspiracy.
"The conspiracy was hatched in a way to divert attention from the main issue and implicate me," he claimed.
ED sources, however, could not be contacted.
Apart from being grilled repeatedly by the local police, Ghosh was also summoned by the Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India